Blog by Stephen Maddox Sr.
Janet Mock hosted the Melissa Harris Perry Show on 7/26/2005 and Janet gave a commentary about GOP candidate Jeb Bush’s remark that Democratic presidential candidate Martin O’Malley’s apology for his awkward response to protestors chanting BLACK LIVES MATTER was not necessary.
Jeb Bush said:
“We’re so uptight and so politically correct now that we apologize for saying ‘lives matter?'” asked Bush. “Life is precious. It’s a gift from God. I frankly think that it’s one of the most important values that we have. I know in the political context it’s a slogan, I guess. Should he have apologized? No. If he believes that white lives matter, which I hope he does, then he shouldn’t have apologized to a group that seemed to disagree with it. Gosh.” http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2015/07/23/jeb-bush-condemns-political-correctness-of-blacklivesmatter-protesters/
Many people, especially White Americans, counter “Black Lives Matter” with “All Lives Matter”. It seems they are pretending that everyone is equal and treated the same way.
If that were true this discussion would not be happening.
Later in the show Janet Mock commented that Black people in the USA suffered from “Post Traumatic Blackness Syndrome”.
While watching this on my TV I shouted out “What do you mean Post. There’s nothing Post about it”. It’s not merely history; it is a continuing stream of current events.
Example: The writers of the US Constitution wasted no time confirming White Lives Matter.
Right at the top, in Article 1, Section 2 it allowed that slaves were to be counted as 3/5ths persons.
There are twelve Articles, but this issue was important enough to be codified in Article 1.
The USA started out with ingrained hypocrisy which continues today. Above Article 1 of the Constitution, the Preamble lists one of the intents is to “secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity”
- Slavery is not a Blessing of Liberty, and the millions of slave children did not inherit the blessing either.
- Jim Crow was not a Blessing of Liberty.
- Housing Discrimination is not a Blessing of Liberty.
- Job Discrimination is not a Blessing of Liberty.
- The School-To-Prison-Pipeline is not a Blessing of Liberty.
- The hazardous and biased encounters with every level of Law Enforcement and White vigilantes is not a Blessing of Liberty.
- The generational poverty and economic disadvantages endured at the hands of USA majority which keeps it’s strangle hold on our incomes and assets is not a Blessing of Liberty.
Are you seeing a pattern here?
This is the Continuing Traumatic Blackness Syndrome (CTBS) which shortens our lives and blocks us from first-class citizenship.
How much longer will this evil hypocrisy continue? Probably until White America changes its ways or until they become a powerless minority.