If you recognize the difference between “Ignorant” and “Ignant” you can avoid a lot of trouble and live a happier life.
Dictionary.com says Ignorant is an adjective and it means:
Lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned.
UrbanDictionary.com shows 26 definitions for “IGNANT”.
My favorite is definition #4
- Proudly, willfully ignorant.
- Holding up one’s ignorance as a virtue, and using it as rhetorical and moral leverage.
I’d like to add to their definition: Being willing to fight for the right to stay stupid and uninformed.
Pronunciation: Here is how Ignant is pronounced –
Stupid is not always permanent. The Merriam-Webster dictionary says:
adjective \ˈstü-pəd, ˈstyü-\
: not intelligent : having or showing a lack of ability to learn and understand things
: not sensible or logical
: not able to think normally because you are drunk, tired, etc.
Everyone I know has done stupid things at some point, but most stop the stupid behavior. Ignant people enjoy staying stuck on stupid and making it a lifestyle!
Ignorant people just need knowledge. Learning is the cure.
Ignant people need an ass whipping!
- Ignant people are a menace to everyone around them (I don’t care if they are a menace to just themselves!)
- There are more Ignant people than there are geniuses.
- The Ignant are good breeders and their offspring often become pains in our asses.
- Ignants are often arrogant, pushy and proud-for-no-damned-reason.
- The most dangerous are the Ignants with high IQs and/or charisma. They sometimes become leaders of organizations and magnify their Ignance through their followers.
Chris Rock, in his 1996 “Bring the Pain” HBO television special talked about knowing the difference between “Niggers” and “Black People” (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvM81TNUHRE). He said that “books are like Kryptonite to a Nigger”. It seems to me that Chris’ definition of “Niggers” would qualify them as Ignant.
Now don’t get me wrong. Ignant is world-wide and has existed throughout human history. Think of it as a recessive gene that may pop up in anyone’s family tree or pool of acquaintances.
While you can’t choose your family, you can decide to not take advice from the Ignants around you.
If you have Ignant acquaintances or friends, unfriend them.
If you work for one, start looking for a new job because the Ignant boss can be hostile to employees who don’t fit in.
The longer you stay around Ignant people, the more they may sound “normal”.
Treat them like they are carriers of a deadly, contagious disease and you will live a much happier and peaceful life.
Article by Stephen Maddox Sr.